If you would like the opportunity to join the Amanda Wakeley team, please view the current vacancies listed below.
Alternatively, please forward your CV to email@example.com and it will be kept on record for any future openings.
Core Designer/Product Developer – London
Reporting to – Creative Director
Key Purpose of Role: The purpose of this role is to work alongside the existing design team to create seasonal RTW collections. However the main emphasis of this role is to own core product categories and work closely with the sales, buying and production team to ensure the designs are relevant for the customer profile, market and price point to drive rapid growth.
• Participating in the planning and developing of collections.
• Creating mood, shape and trend boards.
• Producing designs and technical specifications for designs.
• Sourcing and selecting fabrics and trims.
• Adapting existing designs, improving and enhancing.
• Ensuring critical path dates are met.
• Market research of competitive product.
• Work closely with production and technical.
• Regularly liaise with Sales and buying on customer feedback.
Experience and Skills Required
• Experience working within luxury retail or high-end retailer.
• A good understanding of garment construction and costing.
• A good creative handwriting with a commercial eye.
• Able to take a design brief and interpret into a technical spec.
• Liaise with overseas factories for product development.
• Ability to work well on your own and in a team.
• Create good working partnerships.
• Communicate and present design ideas.
• Strong organisatonal skills and ability to prioritise work.
• The ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Commercial awareness and knowledge of current market.
Assistant Merchandiser – London
Key Purpose of Role: To support the Merchandising and buying team to maximise sales through the effective management of stock. Driving sales through improved availability and forecasting.
- Analysing sales figures and trends to anticipate future product needs.
- Participate in the development of a merchandising plan, with the buyer to deliver a commercial and profitable collection.
- Monitor and manage the availability of stock.
- Analyse sales for weekly review.
- Allocation of stock to stores.
- Monitor sales and initiate stock movement.
- Sale Markdowns.
- Interbranch Transfers.
- Stock intake management.
- Gather market, competitor and customer information in order to support personnel development.
- Participate in projects or carry out any other duties that may be outside the standard remit that will benefit the company.
- Strong Analytical skills and Forecasting
- Computer Literacy in a recognised stock management system.
- Experienced within a Clothing retailer.
- Passionate about product and strong brand awareness.
- Critical Path Management.
- Good communication skills, discreet and professional.
- Resilience under pressure and an ability to meet stringent deadlines
- Exceptionally organised and efficient.
- Commercially aware.
Store Manager – Manchester
We are looking for a full-time store manager for our Harvey Nichols concession in Manchester. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, using ‘Sales Advisor – Manchester’ in the subject line.
Sales Consultant – London
We are looking for full-time Sales Advisor for our Amanda Wakeley store on Fulham Road. Please email email@example.com with your CV, using ‘Sales Advisor – Fulham Road’ in the subject line.
Bridal Sales Consultant – Amanda Wakeley Sposa, London
An excellent opportunity exists as Amanda Wakeley seeks an experienced part-time retail bridal consultant for 3 days a week including Saturdays.
Build relationships with clients and manage own clients through the entire sale and fitting process
Manage initial customer enquiries
Arrange orders with the production team
Update and send daily sales reports
Such other activities as required to support the running of the bridal department.
Competent IT skills including Excel
Please contact Jelena Govorusa firstname.lastname@example.org
The Amanda Wakeley placement schemes offer invaluable professional experience, and an insight into the hard work, expertise and passion needed to run a successful fashion house.
If you are required to spend time in industry as part of your degree, there is no better place to gain experience in luxury fashion.