Amanda Wakeley would like to use cookie data to offer you a more personalised website experience. Find out more
So this weeks Chocoholic recipe is a little healthier as it’s from my brilliant friend and nutritionist Rose Ferguson… these chocolate chip cookies will definitely be my weekend indulgence…
Rose’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
* 80g almond flour
* 70g gluten free oats
* 20g finely shredded (desiccated) unsweetened coconut
* 70g organic coconut sugar
* 1/2tbsp ground chia seeds
* 1 bar of raw chocolate into rough chunks
* 60ml aquafaba (the brine/liquid in a can of chickpeas)
* 2tbsp natural peanut butter
* 3tbsp coconut oil
* In a large mixing bowl combine the ground almonds, oats, desiccated coconut, coconut sugar and ground chia seeds
* In a separate bowl whisk the aquafaba until light and frothy then add the peanut butter and coconut oil, continue to whisk until fully incorporated.
* Add the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until fully combined
* The mixture should be slightly wet and sticky so refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before baking
* Preheat the oven to 175-180C
* Roll out 10 equal balls then press down gently with a fork on a baking tray.
* Push your chocolate chunks into the top gently.
* Bake the cookies for 10 minutes then leave to cool on the baking tray.
* The key to these cookies is to cook them at a high temperature so the outside crisps while the inside remains soft and chewy.