Amanda Wakeley would like to use cookie data to offer you a more personalised website experience. Find out more
Design Manager (Maternity Cover)
- Plan and develop multi-product collections in line with the business strategy and brand aesthetic
- Work closely with the Creative Director, Head of Merchandising and Wholesale to develop collection strategy and merch plan
- Work within set sampling budgets and with set target prices; monitoring cost and target price throughout the design and development process
- Create mood, shape and trend boards.
- To source and select fabrics and trims in line with merch plan, target price and brand aesthetic.
- Liaise with Mills and fabric agents as well as attend showrooms and textile exhibitions- Premier Vision and The London Textile Fair.
- Produce designs and technical specifications and provide detailed briefs to pattern cutters.
- Evolve existing designs and blocks to add newness to commercially proven styles
- Ensuring critical path dates are met.
- Market research of competitive product and future trends to inform collection
- Work closely with product development, production and technical to deliver collection and critical path
- Fit garments from toile stage through to production
- Regularly liaise with Sales, buying and ecommerce on collection feedback
- Attend weekly floor walks to monitor performance of collection
- Attend weekly website walks to monitor online performance of the collection and to help ensure that the collection visuals and messaging are on brand
- Own the CP from a design perspective and work with other departments to ensure all other stages of the critical path are met
- Follow the product through from conception to the sales so that should any issues arise in production you are an active part of the solution
- Conduct in seasonal collection training for sales staff
- Deliver seasonal presentations of collections and creative direction in terms of shape, colour, fabrics and inspiration.
- Deputise for creative director in her absence.
- Attend Lookbook and ecommerce photoshoots, playing an active role in the visual communication of the collection
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Experience of designing for a Luxury brand
- Experience of designing multi product RTW collections - tailoring, outerwear, dresses, soft separates, occasionwear, eveningwear, knitwear
- An excellent understanding of garment construction and the fitting process
- Experience of working with costings and margins and their implications on the garment development process
- A design aesthetic inline with the Amanda Wakeley brand accompanied with a commercial eye
- Ability to take a design and interpret into a detailed technical spec to be interpreted by pattern cutters
- Excellent knowledge of fabrics and existing relationships with European and international fabric mills
- Confidently Liaise with overseas factories and mills for product development and fabric development
- Ability to work autonomously as well as collaboratively with other departments
- Ability to create good working partnerships.
- A good eye for colour and print
- Strong written and visual communication skills
- Strong photoshop skills
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise work and be reactive to rapidly changing situations.
- The ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Commercial awareness and knowledge of current market.
- Strong written and visual communication skills
- Strong verbal communication skills and the ability to manage up as well as down.
To apply for this position please email your CV to Sarah Taplin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ecommerce & Marketing intern
Forming a 6-month student placement to support university studies.
As the Ecommerce & Marketing Intern you will support the Ecommerce Manager and wider digital team to help administer the brand's website, ensuring the product and content are uploaded and updated when needed. You will support the team with developments of the website, from gathering assets to testing. You will also assist with ecommerce photoshoots and general day-to-day admin.
You will also share your time supporting the Digital Team with content creation, social media planning and photoshoots.
- Assist with updating the ecommerce style tracker with delivery dates, allocations, shoot dates, prices etc.
- Collate product information ready for upload to website
- Create new products on the website and upload imagery
- Ensure all pages on the site are updated and correct, performing regular site walks and testing to identify mistakes and/or issues
- Ensure all allocated product is live, reporting if not so the team can address it
- Check product information is correct and updated where necessary (prices, images, stock etc.)
- Add related products to ensure freshness across the site
- Assist in testing and development of the website
- Prepare shot lists for ecommerce photoshoots
- Assist with preparation of ecommerce photoshoots: collating samples, organising stock, packing and organising couriers
- Creation of reports and presentations
- Assist the wider digital team with ad-hoc tasks working across PR, social media and customer service
Marketing & Social Media:
Assist with internal and external content creation
Research current social media trends
Contribute towards the brands social media strategy and assist with social media planning
Assist on lookbook photoshoots; collating samples, organising stock, packing etc.
The Ideal Candidate:
Applicants must be enrolled on a full-time university course with this placement forming credit for their studies. This placement is unpaid. Expenses will be covered.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely organized and able to multi-task
- Excellent time management skills with ability to prioritize key projects
- A self-starter who is a creative and will thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong ability to come up without-of-the-box solutions and solve problems
- Passion for the fashion industry
- A professional and friendly attitude is key
To apply for this position please email your CV to Sarah Taplin at email@example.com
If you would like the opportunity to join the Amanda Wakeley team, please view if there is any current vacancies listed below.
Alternatively please feel free to send a copy of your CV by email which will be kept on record for consideration in the future: firstname.lastname@example.org